Salesforce is a CRM solution that brings companies and customers together. The Salesforce environment as well works as an organization and follows a hierarchy within.
The salesforce environment not referred to as accounts or profiles but as org as it resembles a virtual company or organization.
You can create a free ID to practice your skills and take a real feel of the org by signing up on the official website.
That’s that folks! If you’re getting any sort of error in salesforce login, just change the location and retry as it happens in some cases. For others, you can let me know in the comment section below.
Salesforce Org know-how!
Let us understand in detail the basic view of the salesforce after the login page. This page provides the various services available in the org for the working technical functionalities as well as for the client-side view.
Here we have nine basic details of a salesforce org for a beginner to understand, serial number-marked on the SF Org image below.
- The top of the org has two logos, first being the familiar salesforce logo of a cloud, the other being the company logo you are working for.
In case you didn’t upload any company logo you will find a default logo from salesforce. This logo changes in accordance with the salesforce new releases thst arrive every 4 months withh better features. It signifies the year with the number and the season with cartoon in a super bubly manner. As for example the one signifying summer 20 in the below image marked 1.
- The search box represents a Global search for searches in the salesforce environment.
- Switch to Classic and Lightning. Although lightning is the more advanced version of Salesforce, both the versions are used as preferred by the company and are similar to use.
- The User menu under Your Name enables personalization, language, time zone setting, developer console, log in, etc.
- The Setup is the working area for technical people for design purposes.
It facilitates the below functions :
Administer : User management, for the security of the salesforce environment, etc.
Build : For creating apps, for creating database tables, etc.
Deploy : For shifting the project from ours to the client’s environment (deployment activities).
Monitor : Monitor salesforce resources (like storage files), see log files for cases of errors, etc.
- Help option available with related docs and material for resolution of queries.
- An app menu for functionalities like – sales, services, marketing, etc
- The end-users or the clients mostly use the Tab bar for HOME, LEADS, ACCOUNTS, CONTACTS, OPPORTUNITIES ETC setup as preferred for their quick access.
Client customer’s part in the salesforce environment in relation to our work is to enter data, edit, view, del data, use data, see related reports, and similar.
- Recycle Bin: Similar to any trash box for the recovery of deleted files. It stores data for 15 days further extendable via contacting SF support. The storage capacity: 25 times the org storage in MB, ( rounded off )
for example 1 GB org storage, 25*1000 MB = 25000MB of recycle bin storage.
The org storage is paid while the Recycle bin storage is for free.